January 8, 2019

Ceaberry's Homesteading and Haberdashery: Hi 2019, what happened to 2018??

I know its been a year since I have posted on my blog. This coming year is going to be full of fun and I will be touching on a few events from 2018 but for now I am going to explain very shortly why 2018 was a year of change.

1. I got a divorce on November 13, 2018. After 5.5 years of marriage (to the day) and 3 lovely girls my husband decided our marriage was no longer worth his time. He moved a mile (yes 1 whole mile) down the road. That's about all I am going to say about that and him.

2. I still live on the homestead, which if you look back is my now ex-inlaws family farm. I will be referring to them as my in-laws in any future post. I have kept my last name and my girls will maybe get this farm one day so they are my in-laws, can't divorce grandparents in my mind.

3. I had my third girl on August 28, 2018. It was an unplanned natural, but induced birth. Her name is  Elizabeth and she has lovely red hair!

4. I lost 350+ chickens/chicks/ducks/ducklings/guineas/keets this year. My original flock is long since gone, the only ones left my ex-husband got in the divorce (long story but lets just say it was a tad backstabbing how he acquired them). The loss of my chickens will be explained later on but it was a rough couple of months.

So that is why I haven't had the time to post on my blog. As things have finally calmed down and the dust is getting settled I can refocus my energy on my true loves in life and my passions.

I have posts already coming up in the future and I hope we all have a better 2019 then we had in 2018, no matter what happened.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!