January 9, 2017

Ceaberry's Haberdashery Hand-spun Yarn

In previous 3 years I have not offered my hand-spun in the Etsy shop. This is because it was EXCLUSIVE to the Farmer's Market I attend during the summer months. By the way if you would like to see me in person I will be there this year, almost every Saturday from May to October. I was not there last year due to having two little humans to raise.

However, I have now gotten a special business tool that was specifically dropped off by Santa to help aid in my hand-spun production for the shop. It is an Ashford Blending Board, that came with Frozen fibers. After receiving it and combining my new found love of rolags I can now up my production of hand-spun. I sold a lot of my hand-spun when I was in Scotland and of course it was there when Ginger Twist Studios opened her doors to the public in 2013.



My first rolags were done with my normal thickness of spinning which results in fluffy Bulky to Super Bulky thick and thin yarn.




The second set I did, I thinned out my spinning so the yarn is now light fingering to sport weight thick and thin yarn.

 





Then I did a pink gradient yarn with an alternating "background" colors of pink and white for my girls. Yes, it is really for my girls, sorry if you like pink.




I have a few more rolags set up to be spun, it even includes a purple-plum-periwinkle gradient.... I have a few more things to make rolags of and some BEAUTIFUL fawn alpaca that I am so itching to get rolags done up and then spin it.

That background is a runner I wove a LONG time ago in 

We have a new face around our house too... Meet Belle. She is our newest kitten that needed a good, indoor dog free, home we could provide for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!