October 13, 2017

Ceaberry's Homesteading: My Square Foot Garden Plan 2018

I have been working hard on figuring out where everything is going in my newly installed raised beds for square foot gardening.  I should note that you may notice containers. I am in a competition with Mr. Native Farmer over potatoes (more on this in a later post) and a few of my other things are in containers because they already are in a container or need to be (like my mint and cotton). There is an Asparagus bed with tomatoes on the side, that is part of doing companion planting. This is NOT how the beds are laid out in my actual garden, I have a compost bin and in the very middle of my garden is a rhubarb patch that has been there for well over 40 years (not kidding, it is practically an heirloom in itself, just like our grape vines). 

So here is my plan for the lower garden for next year!




There are 75 seeds on my list, not all of them are going in the garden and by the chart of "containers", not all of them are going into the raised beds. So here are my seeds I will be planting at some point in 2018. The sprouts, however, are not being planted. You see the main groups of my garden. Some of the extra seeds will be planted in my two raised beds at my house and I have a whole hillside of roses, berry bushes, and wildflower mixes to attend to next year.

Asparagus, Mary Washington Blueberry, Highbush Lavender, English Potatoes Tomato, Beefsteak Pink
Basil, Mix Blueberry, Pink Limonade Lettuce, Gourmet/Mesclun Mix Pumpkin, Jack Be Little Tomato, Brandywine, Yellow
Bean, Bush, Borlotti Broccoli, Romanesco Italia Melon, Banana Pumpkin, Wee Be Little Tomato, Cherry Red (small)
Bean, Bush, Calypso Brussel Sprouts, Long Island Catskill Mint, Spearmint  Radish, Champion Tomato, Cherry White
Bean, Bush, Harvester Cabbage, Acre, Golden Onion, Walla Walla Spinach, Matador Viking Tomato, Gardener’s Delight
Bean, Bush, Landreth Cabbage, Copenhagen Onion, shallot, Holland red Sprouts, Alfalfa Tomato, Oxheart, Orange
Bean, Bush, Provider Carrot, Chantenay, 5” Long Pea, Austrian Field Pea Sprouts, Broccoli Tomato, Roma
Bean, Bush, Romano Cauliflower, All Year Round Pea, Little Marvel Sprouts, clover Tomato, Tiny Tim
Bean, Bush, Slenderette Celery Pepper, Banana Yellow Sprouts, Rainbow Chard Wheat, Sampler Pack
Bean, Bush, Tendergreen Corn, Sweet Pepper, Cayenne, Purple Sprouts, Sunflower Wildflower, Celosia
Bean, Bush, Tiger’s Eye Cover Crop, Clover, White Dutch Pepper, Chocolate Bell Squash, Crookneck, Yellow Early Summer Wildflower, Low grow scatter
Bean, Pole, Dry, Cherokee Trail of Tears Cover Crop, Fall & Winter Rye Pepper, Hot Holiday Marbles Sunflower, Autumn Beauty Wildflower, Marigold, Sparky Mix
Bean, Pole, Lima, Henderson Garlic, Early Purple Italian Pepper, Orange Horizon Sunflower, Mammoth Wildflower, Nasturtium, Black Velvet
Bean, Pole, Lima, King of the Garden Gourd, Luffa Pepper, Purple beauty Sunflower, Sungold Wildflower, Snapdragon, Mix
Bean, Pole, Lima, Thorogreen Gourd, mixed (small) Pepper, Sunbright Yellow Sunflower, Sungold, Dwarf Wildflower, tansy
Hopefully, this inspires you to make your own garden plan. Happy Homesteading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!